I’ve had a busy Labor Day weekend so far, and luckily it’s still not quite finished. On Friday, Kev and I joined another couple for dinner at a nearby sushi place. It was super yummy. Then on Friday, we tailgated and watched some football. The highlight was obviously hanging out with friends, but this was pretty good too…
Hooters has awesome fries and a really awesome buffalo chicken sandwich. I managed to avoid all the tailgate munchies, so I “deserved” this. Okay… no one “deserves” a bunch of hydrogenated oils, but it was finger-lickin’ good.
On Sunday, we went to the lake in the afternoon and a neighbor’s place in the evening. I have no pics, but you can be sure that it wouldn’t have been Labor Day Weekend without football, boating, and grilling burgers in the ‘hood. There were also a few beers thrown in the mix, which is no surprise!
To end my labors today (well… not really… I have a bunch of chores) I will leave you with some link love to enjoy.
- A Healthy Slice shows us some great tailgate recipes.
- Good for You has her inspirational transformation story.
- Daily Garnish recently published a beautiful post I really recommend you read.
- FitSugar lists the calories burned in popular Labor Day activities.
- Martha Stewart’s Whole Living explains benefits to turmeric.