Today I enjoyed my favorite green monster smoothie. Woohoo! Just look at how green it is! Gross, right? Wrong. It was great. Learn more about green monsters on Angela’s site.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 scoop GNC all-natural vanilla soy protein powder
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 or 2 ice cubes
Whirl it up and enjoy!
Today consisted of cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, and more cleaning. Cleaning may not be fun, but at least I was productive. It was also great that I only spent $80 on groceries this week, including organic chicken, organic yogurts, fresh produce, and the natural, local goodies I got at the farmer’s market yesterday. Speaking of farmer’s market goodies, I whipped up a new recipe tonight. It’s a wee bit Irish and a lot bit German. I made it in the crock pot, and while it was cooking, Kev was kind enough to kick my but in a game of H.O.R.S.E.
Now…. for the much awaited dinner! We had to smell the goodness cooking all day while cleaning, but at least it smelled good.
- 6 small potatoes (peeled and halved)
- 1 handful baby carrots
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2.5 – 3 lbs trimmed bone-in pork shoulder (scored it from the farmer’s market)
- 4/5 or 3/4 of a 32 oz package sauerkraut
- 1 tsp mustard seeds and 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/2 green cabbage (another market find), shredded